P20 CONNECTS College, Career, and Civic Readiness
P20 CONNECTS is a collective impact initiative to strengthen college, career, and civic readiness throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Higher education, K12, corporate, nonprofit, and other community leaders, united in their common goal of improving educational, career, and civic access and equity in the region, review and revise existing policies and enhance existing programs to better engage students at risk of dropping out of the pipeline.
This initiative grew out of a multi-year process. Civic and community readiness is deeply embedded in this initiative as both the vehicle through which college and career readiness can be achieved, and as a vitally important “end” outcome or goal for ALL students in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- 2012 – The member presidents of higher education institutions in the Campus Compact Mid-Atlantic (CCMA) network discussed what they could do together as a network that would address the needs of the region, and ultimately agreed on the critical urgency of college readiness.
- 2013 – K12 superintendents and leaders from Maryland, and the District of Columbia asked that the initiative broaden to include career readiness.
- 2014 – CCMA convened a region-wide cross-sectoral taskforce which issued the College, Career, and Civic Readiness White Paper
- 2015 – Further stakeholder focus-groups gave input.
- 2016 – The P20 CONNECTS Implementation Taskforce issued the P20 CONNECTS Action Plan.
- 2017 – Educational Leaders in Delaware mobilized around P20 CONNECTS to revitalize the P20 educational system in Delaware.
- 2018 – The P20 CONNECTS Leadership Team and pilot partnerships are launched.