P20 CONNECTS College, Career, and Civic Readiness Initiative
P20 CONNECTS is a collective impact initiative to strengthen college, career, and civic readiness throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
“P20” represents the linking of all levels of education, from Pre-Kindergarten through graduate school (20), in collaborative service and civic activities to develop the skills, attitudes and understandings necessary for college, career, and civic readiness.
“CONNECTS” is an acronym that stands for Communities Organizing Networks Now to Engage Citizens Through Service.
P20 CONNECTS seeks to unite individuals and groups in higher education, K12, the corporate sector, nonprofits, and other community organizations, for positive actions to achieve common goals. These goals focus on improving educational, career, and civic engagement opportunities and equity in the region, reviewing and revising existing policies, and enhancing existing programs to better engage all students.
Campus Compact Mid-Atlantic P20 CONNECTS Team
Madeline Yates, Executive Director, Campus Compact Mid-Atlantic
Jim Walters, AmeriCorps VISTA P20 CONNECTS Coordinator, Campus Compact Mid-Atlantic
Hannah Jacobs, AmeriCorps VISTA P20 CONNECTS Coordinator, Campus Compact Mid-Atlantic
CCMA staff bios can be found here.
- 2009 – Member presidents of higher education institutions in the Campus Compact Mid-Atlantic (CCMA) network discuss joining in a collective impact initiative to improve quality of life in the region.
- 2010 – CCMA member presidents decide to focus the collective impact initiative on education.
- 2012 – The CCMA member presidents discuss what they could do together to address education and the needs of the region, and ultimately agreed on the critical urgency of college readiness.
- 2013 – K12 superintendents and leaders from Maryland and the District of Columbia ask that the initiative broaden to include both college and career readiness.
- 2014 – CCMA convenes a region-wide cross-sectoral taskforce to issue the College, Career, and Civic Readiness White Paper.
- 2015 – Further stakeholder focus-groups give input on how to best address college and career readiness in the region.
- 2016 – The P20 CONNECTS Implementation Taskforce issue the P20 CONNECTS Action Plan which outlines pertinent goals for the initiative from 2016 – 2021.
- 2017 – Educational leaders in Delaware mobilize around P20 CONNECTS to revitalize the P20 educational system in Delaware.
- 2018 – The P20 CONNECTS Leadership Team and pilot partnerships are launched.
- 2019 – Seven additional P20 CONNECTS partnerships are launched across Maryland and Delaware.