CCMA mobilizes the collective commitment and capacity of higher education to actively advance our communities through civic and community engagement.
CCMA plays an integral role in the development of globally engaged citizens who actively contribute to creating healthy, sustainable and socially just communities.
Our Core Values
The core values below guide the Campus Compact Mid-Atlantic network in our service, advocacy, and partnerships with the larger community.
- Engaged Citizenship: We support our students, faculty, staff, and institutions in their efforts to develop the knowledge, skills, habits, values and attitudes to be engaged citizens and partners in their local, national and global communities through service-learning and civic activities, thereby strengthening the intersection of student learning, and the intellectual, cultural, artistic, social, political and economic development of those communities.
- Collective Impact: We promote collaborations between and among member institutions and partner organizations to enhance communities.
- Promoting Diversity: We promote and support the value of diversity in our member institutions, faculty, staff, students and community organizations as essential to developing global citizens and creating socially just communities.
- Life-Long Learning: We support programs, partnerships, and initiatives that advance access to higher education, secondary and post-secondary completion, and life-long learning.
- Creating Equity & Justice: Within our campus cultures, we advocate on behalf of the underserved in our local and global communities — the communities of which our institutions are a part.
- Reciprocity: We recognize the importance of establishing mutually beneficial, long-term, democratic partnerships with communities, community-based organizations, and local governments.
- Sustainability: We are responsible caretakers of the natural environment of which our communities are a part.