Application Deadline: Friday, September 24th – 5:00 pm
The purpose of the Campus Compact Mid-Atlantic (CCMA) Faculty Development Mini-Grant Program is to support CCMA member faculty development in order to enhance student learning and engagement aligned with CCMA’s mission, vision, and values. CCMA’s mission is to mobilize the collective commitment and capacity of higher education in the Mid-Atlantic region to actively advance equity in our communities through civic and community engagement and fulfill the public purposes of higher education. CCMA’s vision is to play an integral role in the development of globally engaged citizens who actively contribute to creating equitable, sustainable, and socially just communities.
Full or PT faculty from CCMA member institutions, cross-disciplinary teams, or collaborative teams of faculty from two or more institutions. Click here to check if your institution is a member.
- Support faculty development opportunities (workshops/institutes). Faculty can propose and lead topics. Interdisciplinary and or inter-institutional proposals are fundable.
- Requests from individual institutions or collaborations between and among multiple educational institutions to host faculty development webinars/institutes that ultimately support students’ community-engaged learning, such as:
- Institutes for institutional teams to revise promotion and tenure guidelines to recognize faculty who involve students in community-engaged learning and reflection;
- Institutes for engaging community partners; and
- Opportunities to support faculty, community partner, and student writing partnerships to expand knowledge about community impact through community-engaged learning.
- Requests from individual faculty for materials, travel costs, etc. to support community-engaged learning projects.
- Requests from individual faculty for funds to attend conferences, workshops, or symposia.