CCMA AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Campus Compact Mid-Atlantic VISTA programs join the mission of Campus Compact and AmeriCorps VISTA through projects that build campus-community partnerships to fight poverty. Through the Campus Compact VISTA program, we alleviate poverty by strengthening communities and developing our leaders. Our state programs:
- Improve college access and success
- Bring community voice to campus
- Empower students to be community advocates
- Improve service-learning courses that address local, national, and global community issues
- Build the capacity of higher education institutions to strengthen communities
- Develop the skills of VISTA members and students in community organizing, volunteer management, and community partnership development
AmeriCorps VISTA is a federal service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Founded as Volunteers in Service to America in 1964, VISTA has been on the front lines in the fight against poverty in America for more than 40 years. AmeriCorps VISTA helps individuals and communities implement grassroots solutions designed to alleviate poverty.
Founded as Volunteers In Service to America in 1964, the program places individuals at nonprofit organizations and public agencies that are fighting poverty, improving health services, reducing unemployment, increasing housing opportunities, reducing recidivism, and expanding access to technology for those living in rural and urban areas of poverty across America.