AmeriCorps VISTA service will be one of the most rewarding experiences you will ever have! Life as an AmeriCorps VISTA is to serve your community, working to eliminate poverty and to develop initiatives that enable people to become self-sufficient and secure. While in service with our Campus Compact Mid-Atlantic AmeriCorps VISTA program, you will receive ongoing professional leadership and community development training in addition to learning more about underserved populations in America. You will receive a bi-weekly living allowance during service and the choice between a cash award or an education award on completion of your term. Other benefits include reduced tuition at some universities and colleges for AmeriCorps VISTA alumni, and you can get a foot in the door to a government job with one year of non-competitive eligibility for employment in the federal government. Joining AmeriCorps VISTA is an opportunity of a lifetime and we’re here to help you every step of the way! AmeriCorps VISTA service will change your life. Follow the link below to go to position listings from CCMA and apply through the My AmeriCorps portal.
Open VISTA Positions
Benefits of AmeriCorps VISTA
- Living Allowance: The living allowance is paid biweekly and deposited directly into your bank account and is based on the cost of living in the service area.
- End-of-Service Award: In successfully completing your year of service, you’re eligible to receive either the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award ($6345) or the VISTA end-of-service cash stipend ($1,800).
- Healthcare Benefit: VISTA members who maintain health insurance during their service term may enroll in the AmeriCorps VISTA Healthcare Allowance. ($$8,550 in 2021).
- Childcare Benefit: Child care benefits are paid directly to qualified child care providers for all or part of the member’s child care costs during their active time of service.
- Relocation Allowance: a one-time allowance of $750 for VISTAs relocating more than 50 miles.
- Professional Development: VISTA provides a wide variety of training and development opportunities before, during, and after service, including VISTA Blend courses and Webinars, and service workshops.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility: One year of non-competitive eligibility for federal employment.
- Other Benefits: Some service sites may offer housing, full or partial meal plans, transportation and parking permits, gym memberships, and more.